New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: I want to learn Wolfram Language

Ask HN: I want to learn Wolfram Language
10 by gsaga | 7 comments on Hacker News.
I'm a relatively inexperienced cs student and am interested in learning Mathematica/Wolfram Language. It's a great tool and can do amazing things, but whenever I tried to actually 'learn to program' in this language, I couldn't get very far. My experience is mostly with OOP. I've heard that it's based on lisp and is a functional language. I've tried to teach myself WL with the tutorials included with the package but they seem to be lacking, in that they assume a level of familiarity with the language, and the official examples look like a brainfuck program to me. What path should I follow if I want to teach myself Wolfram language?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog