New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How does Clearbit Reveal know who I am?

Ask HN: How does Clearbit Reveal know who I am?
3 by rahimnathwani | 0 comments on Hacker News.
When I visit https://ift.tt/2cmcrqd there is a screenshot of a web page. I've visited the page a few times from my home internet connection, and the image has been either: A) My personal blog (on my own domain) B) My company's web site It's pretty impressive (or creepy, depending on your viewpoint) that they can map my IP address to a company and/or individual identity. I'm curious about how they do it. I have some ideas, but nothing that would explain it working so well. Maybe I entered my email address on a form on a site that shares data with Clearbit, but wouldn't my IP address change often enough that this wouldn't be useful for more than a couple of days? Anyone else have any ideas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog