New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Where do I go to learn more about the lambda calculus?

Ask HN: Where do I go to learn more about the lambda calculus?
3 by mnemonicsloth | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Scheme and Haskell are two of my favorite programming languages, and I know both are implementations of the lambda calculus. I'd like to learn more about that, but I haven't been able to find good sources. Most of the time I do find it mentioned, it's mentioned in passing, for example in SICP or the Little Schemer. Some things I'd like to know: - How to construct lambda functions from Turing machines and vice versa - How to think about the Y-combinator (this is now almost un-googleable) - What variants of the lambda calculus have been constructed and what their properties are - How lambda functions relate to functions in the mathematical sense. Are they the same? Can you call them on real numbers? Are they continuous? Etc Extra points if you can recommend a full theoretical treatment. I'm interested in really digging in to this topic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog