New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: A Thanks to the Mods

Tell HN: A Thanks to the Mods
5 by ThrowAwayqqaazz | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Hi HN. Earlier today I sent an email to the Mods about a typo in a submission. Within 3 minutes it was amended and an email pinged back an acknowledgement and a thanks for reporting it. Given that that time of day would have roughly coincided with one of the HN traffic peaks I was incredibly impressed by this, especially since I made sure to email it as something like ‘Typo in article 12345678’ in the email subject line. I am posting this on a throw-away account (so no ‘karma’ motivation) but if people want to add their thanks to / for HN – Please do. My entire motivation for making this post is simply this: When I encounter excellence I will convey that both to the person as well as doing something like this. I have seen Moderators (not just here on HN) getting roasted for decisions about ‘abc’, or doing ‘def rather than hij’ etc. People are quick to complain, slow to compliment. At times I can almost sense some of the pain and head-desks that might at times occur over at HN HQ. From personal experience, Sometimes an out of the blue message from a random person saying ‘Thanks for doing a great job’ makes a huge impression and can turn a shit day in to a good day or a great day in to a fantastic one. In closing - When something impresses me I will say so. This is the end of my post (and the nick is burned) Thank you all for reading. Thank you Dan & co.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog